You are encouraged to attend the (Catered) Awards/Induction Ceremony on February 21st at Lod Cook Alumni Center 6-8pm. Guests are $20. Fall 2016 New Members-Pay for Guests at the Door!
2017 Spring new members-Pay for guests ONLINE when you register/join!!
An Evening With Great Authors
The seventh annual “Evening with Great Authors” is proud to announce Wendy W. Rodrigue (wife of George Rodrigue of Blue Dog fame), author of "The Other Side of Painting" as guest author.
Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Dalton Auditorium and Rotunda
Energy, Coast and Environment Building at LSU,
-- Followed by a book signing and catered reception. --
All proceeds go towards providing services to the students of Adult Literacy Advocates of Greater Baton Rouge. ALA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides adult education services including HiSET (formerly GED) preparation, Adult Literacy, Adult Basic and Intermediate Education, and English as a Second Language courses.
- Ticket Prices:
- $30 General Public
- $20 Senior Citizens (65+)
- $10 Students (with ID)
- Purchase tickets:
- www.adultliteracyadvocates.org, or
- 225-383-1090, or
- At the door
We really hope to see you there!
*** BRING A BOOK! ***
WE HAVE A BOOK DRIVE THAT BENEFITS
TEACH FOR AMERICA"!!!
Award Deadlines are Approaching !!!
Phi Kappa Phi distributes $700,000 annually through these programs!!!
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi’s ongoing commitment to excellence is reflected in its scholarships and awards programs. More than $700,000 is awarded each year to outstanding members and chapters through the Society’s various award competitions.
- Please note the deadlines for:
- Artist--Online nomination deadline: FEBRUARY 1, 2018
- Scholar--Online nomination deadline: FEBRUARY 1, 2018
- Fellowships---APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO DR. VLOSKY BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS
FEBRUARY 14, 2017.
- Study Abroad --- Online nomination deadline: FEBRUARY 5, 2017 and SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
- Literacy Grants--- Online nomination deadline: APRIL 1, 2017
- Love of Learning--- Online nomination deadline: APRIL 1, 2017 and OCTOBER 1, 2017
All awards can be accessed, with application online: http://apply.phikappaphi.org/Awards/